Broccoli Salad With Olives
- 1 sm head broccoli separated into florets
- 1 lrg garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar or possibly more to taste
- 1 Tbsp. capers liquid removed, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 x celery stalks thinly sliced
- 2 x green onions thinly sliced
- 6 x pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives sliced
- Cook broccoli in lightly salted boiling water 5 min, till crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cool water.
- In a blender or possibly food processor, puree garlic, vinegar, capers, salt, and pepper. With motor running, add in oil in a thin, steady stream; blend till smooth. Pour dressing into a large salad bowl.
- Thinly slice broccoli florets, and add in to dressing. Fold in celery, green onions, and olives. Toss gently to coat proportionately with dressing.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Description: "This is a perfect make-ahead salad because it maintains its texture and flavors develop on standing. Just be sure not to overcook the broccoli."
Leave a review or comment