BROCCOLI AND MUSHROOM DIPPrep: 10 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 2by Renu Guru167 recipes>
A way-out,unique and uncommon dip, which offers a radically different alternative to tomato salsa and other dips commonly served with bread. A cheesy, saucy dip - very rich and intense with the chewy textures of broccoli and mushrooms,it is flavourful and wholesome.Goes well with garlic toast or even plain corn chips.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped and blanched broccoli
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp green chilli paste
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup grated processed cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.Add mushrooms,saute for 2 mins.
- Add the garlic paste and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk and cheese, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the broccoli, mushrooms, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with garlic toast.
Leave a review or comment