Bottoms Up Peach Cake
- 1 Tbsp. Melted Margarine
- 3 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 2 c. Thinly Sliced Peaches
- 1/2 c. Cranberries
- 1/2 c. Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 c. Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Pwdr
- 1/3 c. Evaporated Skim Lowfat milk
- 1/3 c. Honey
- 1/4 c. Oil
- 1 x Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Coat a 9 inch round baking pan with non-stick spray. Line the bottom with wax paper and coat with spray.
- In a c., combine the margarine, syrup, and almond extract. Pour into the prepared pan and swirl to coat the bottom proportionately. Arrange the peaches and cranberries on top of the mix in a decorative pattern.
- In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, flour, and baking pwdr.
- In a medium bowl, combine the lowfat milk, honey, oil, egg, and vanilla. Pour over the flour mix. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Pour the batter over the fruit and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake at 350F degrees till puffed and lightly brown, 30 to 35 min.
- Remove from the oven and let stand on a wire rack for 10 min. Invert the cake onto a serving platter. Serve hot.
Leave a review or comment