Fresh Peach Cake
- 1/4 lb. (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 large, ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and 1 cup of the sugar for 3 to 5 minutes on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low, add the eggs, one at a time, then the sour cream and vanilla, and mix until the batter is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix just until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- Spread half of the batter evenly in the pan.
- Top with half of the peaches, then sprinkle with two-thirds of the sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Spread the remaining batter on top, arrange the remaining peaches on top, and sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture and 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- Bake the cake for 45 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Leave a review or comment