Boiled Corned Beef Dinner
- 3 1/2 lb Corned Beef Brisket
- 2 c. Carrots, cut in 1-inch pcs
- 1 c. Celery, cut 1/2 inch pcs
- 1 c. Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 c. Barley, regular
- 1 x Bay Leaf
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Pwdr
- Place corned beef brisket in large Dutch oven or possibly saucepot. Add in sufficient water to cover meat. Cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 2 hrs. Skim fat from liquid in Dutch oven.
- Add in vegetables, barley and seasoning. Cover, bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 1 hour or possibly till meat and barley are tender.
- Remove meat to serving platter.
- Drain vegetable-barley mix; serve with corned beef brisket.
Leave a review or comment