Bloody Mary London Broil
- 2 c. tomato juice
- 1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp. prepared commercial horseradish
- 3 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 2 tsp crumbled dry marjoram
- 1 tsp crumbled dry basil
- 1 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 3 1/2 lb trimmed London broil, 1 1/2" thick Vegetable-oil cooking spray Salt to taste
- Stir together the tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, sherry, marjoram, basil, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the steak in a glass or possibly ceramic dish. Spoon the tomato-juice mix over the meat, spreading to cover. Turn the meat to coat the other side. Cover, and chill for at least 2 hrs; or possibly set aside at room temperature for no longer than 30 min.
- Prepare a charcoal or possibly gas grill. Lightly spray the grill rack with vegetable-oil cooking spray. The coals should be warm.
- Lift the meat from the marinade. Throw away the marinade. Grill the steak for 8 min. Turn the steak and grill for 7 to 10 min for rare, a couple of min longer for medium-rare, or possibly till it reaches the desired doneness.
- Let the steak rest at room temperature for about 5 min before slicing on the diagonal into thin strips.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment