Black Bottom CupcakesPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 24by Joanne121 recipes>
Rich, moist and chocolaty. These cupcakes will disappear like the ever popular brownies as picnics and parties only they have a more adult appeal with the creamy, cheesey center. Makes 24
- ■16 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- ■1 3/4 cups sugar – divided
- ■3/4 tsp. salt – divided
- ■2 large egg whites at room temperature
- ■2 TBS plus 3/4 cup sour cream at room temperature
- ■1/3 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- ■1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- ■1/2 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- ■1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- ■1 1/3 cups water
- ■1 stick unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ■1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 F and position racks in lower middle position. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- Use an electric mixer and beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt until smooth.
- Beat in egg whites and 2 TBS sour cream for about 1 minute.
- Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining sugar, remaining salt, the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda.
- Make a well in the center and add the remaining sour cream, water, butter, and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Divide the chocolate batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Top each batter cup with 1 rounded TBS cream cheese mixture.
- Bake until the tops of the cupcakes begin to crack, about 25 minutes.
- Cool in tins for about 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate in air tight container up to 2 days.
Leave a review or comment