Beef Tenderloin Steaks With Gorgonzola
- 4 x beef tenderloin steaks, 1 1/2" thk
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 3/4 lb Gorgonzola
- 4 x fresh sage leaves thinly sliced
- Let meat rest 10 min before beginning dinner preparation.
- Place a large, flat griddle or possibly skillet over high heat. When warm, using a pair of tongs and a folded paper towel, wipe cooking surface with oil and place steaks on warm pan. Caramelize the steaks, 2 min on each side. Reduce heat to moderate. Season meat with salt and pepper and cook 4 to 5 min longer on each side.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Arrange steaks on baking sheet. Top each steak with 3 ounces Gorgonzola. Place baking sheet 6 inches from broiler heat just long sufficient to heat the cheese. Remove meat from the oven and top with slivers of fresh sage. Let meat rest 2 or possibly 3 min, then serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment