Beef rolls with vegetablesPrep: 5 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 2by Easy Cook - Laka kuharica501 recipes>
Tender, mouthwatering beef rolls with vegetable filling. Best served with polenta and green salad.
- 300 g beef steaks
- 50 g bacon, cut into thin slices
- 2 stalks celery, cut into small pieces
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 3-4 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 500 g tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- Salt and pepper
- Beat the beef steaks lightly, season with salt and pepper.
- On each steak place few pieces of bacon or cooked ham.
- Arrange celery and carrot onto bacon. Fold the steaks into rolls, secure with metal or wooden toothpicks.
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan, fry the rolls until they are golden brown on all sides.
- Add onions, sauté briefly, then add the wine. Sauté for another 3-4 minutes until wine evaporates a little. Add tomatoes, reduce flame and cover the pan, simmer for 30 minutes or until the meat is quite soft.
- Before serving remove wooden or metal toothpicks from the rolls.
Leave a review or comment