Beef Curry Pinoy StylePrep: 20 min Cook: 2 hours Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
Beef dish that is so tender and tasty it melts in your mouth!
- 2 lbs beef, cubed (tenderloin)
- 1 piece dried bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper/chili
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 pieces cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 tablepsoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups fresh milk (or coconut milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 piece cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute onions and garlic.
- Add beef and cook until the color turns light brown.Normally in a cooking pot would take 2hrs on low to medium heat. Pressure cooker is an alternative.
- Put-in crushed red pepper/chili, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and curry powder. Stir.
- Pour-in fresh milk (or coconut milk). Let boil.
- Add tomato, ginger, lemon juice, and salt. Stir and simmer until the sauce thickens and the beef becomes tender.
- Turn the heat off and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Leave a review or comment