Beef And Broccoli With Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 lb beef boneless sirloin or possibly round steak
- 1/4 tsp salt Dash white pepper
- 1 lb broccoli -- cut into flowerets and 1 1/2 inch pcs (4 c.)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 c. fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 tsp finely minced gingerroot
- 2 Tbsp. brown bean paste
- 1 x (8 oz)
- 2 c. warm cooked rice
- Trim fat from beef. Cut beef lengthwise into 2 inch strips. Cut strips crosswise into 1/8 inch slices. Toss beef with salt and white pepper. Place broccoli in 1 inch boiling water; heat to boiling. Cover and cook 2 min.
- Immediately rinse with cool water; drain. Mix cornstarch and soy sauce; stir in sesame oil and broth.
- Spray nonstick wok or possibly 12 inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat till cooking spray starts to bubble. Add in beef; stir-fry about 2 min or possibly till brown. Remove beef from wok. Cold wok slightly. Wipe clean and respray. Add in oil and rotate wok to coat sides. Heat over medium-high heat. Add in garlic, gingerroot and bean paste; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add in bamboo shoots; stir-fry 20 seconds. Stir in beef and broccoli. Stir in cornstarch mix; cook and stir about 30 seconds or possibly till thickened. Serve over rice.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment