Banana Nut MuffinsPrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 20by erin de martini20 recipes>
Delicious for breakfast or as an afternoon snack!
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups flour (not self-rising)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Grease a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan and line bottom of pan with wax paper or parchment, then grease paper. You can also use a muffin pan--no need to put the wax paper in the bottom though.
- Mix together milk and lemon juice and let stand until milk curdles, about 1 minute.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined, then beat in bananas until combined.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture alternately with milk until batter is smooth. Stir in walnuts (optional). Pour into loaf pan and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top. Bake until a knife inserted in center of bread comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan then remove and place on a plate to cool completely.
Leave a review or comment