Banana Nut Bread In A Jar
- 7 x Gifts in a Jar
- 2 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. butter (room temperature)
- 1/3 c. Crisco shortening
- 4 x Large eggs
- 2/3 c. buttermilk (NOT lowfat)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ginger*
- 1 tsp baking pwdr (check date for freshness)
- 1 tsp table salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 c. mashed ripe bananas
- 2/3 c. minced nuts
- In large bowl cream sugar, butter and shortening with electric mixer.
- Add in Large eggs and mix well.
- Add in buttermilk and vanilla and mix well.
- Place dry ingredients (except baking soda) in a separate large bowl and blend with a wire whisk.
- Add in creamed ingredients to dry ingredients and mix with whisk and spoon.
- Gently stir in mashed bananas and nuts.
- Add in baking soda, stirring in well.
- Quickly place 1 c. batter in each of 7 well-greased 1-pint wide-mouth canning jars. Wipe excess batter from rims with a clean moist cloth.
- Place jars on a baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees F (NOT hotter) for 45 min, or possibly till a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Wipe rims. Place warm sterilized seals and rings on warm jars.
- Keep in refrigerator for prolonged storage.
- * I would also add in 2 tsp. powdered cinnamon to this recipe as an optional ingredient.
Leave a review or comment