Balsamic Green Bean SaladPrep: 30 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 16by Mary Shaldibina35 recipes>
I prepared this salad on thanksgiving evening, and everybody liked it! The tangy flavors and crunch of this eye-appealing side complement any special meal or holiday potluck. Also, the best part is that you can prepare it ahead.
- 2 lbs. fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2 in. pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, mustard and pepper. Drizzle over beans. Add the onion; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and cheese.
Leave a review or comment