Baked Spaghetti CasserolePrep: 40 min Cook: 2 hours Servings: 8by Now We're Cooking!34 recipes>
This was taken from the Food Network Magazine, January/February 2012 issue, page 53. The total time for this casserole is a little over two hours. It got two thumbs up in our household and tastes really good as leftovers. Serves 8
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper (we used red)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1. Combine in a stockpot: 2 cups canned diced tomatoes, 2 cups tomato sauce, 1/2 cup diced onion, 1/2 cup diced bell pepper, 2 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, 1 1/2 t Italian seasoning, 1 t salt, 1/4 t pepper, 1/4 t garlic powder, 1 1/2 t seasoned salt, 1 1/2 t sugar and 2 small bay leaves.
- 2. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat and let simmer, covered, for one hour.
- 3. Grate I cup cheddar cheese and 1 cup monterey jack cheese.
- 4. With ten minutes left on the sauce, crumble and cook 1 1/2 pounds ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until fully cooked and no pink color remains.
- 5. Drain the fat from the beef. Add the beef to the stockpot. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 6. Preheat over to 350.
- 7. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add 8 oz. angel hair pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- 8. When the sauce and pasta are done:
- a. Cover the bottom of a 3-quart baking dish with 1/3 of the sauce.
- b. Add half of the pasta.
- c. Add 1/3 of each cheese.
- d. Add 1/3 of the sauce.
- e. Add rest of the pasta.
- f. Add 1/3 of each cheese
- g. Add last 1/3 of the sauce.
- 9. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- 10. Top the casserole with the remaining cheese and bake for 5 more minutes.
Leave a review or comment