Baked Herb Crusted Chicken Breasts
- (Schnitzel) Tenderize the boneless chicken breast halves by flattening them as you would for a chicken piccata, then marinate in lemon juice. (6 servings)
- 6 x skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. plain dry breadcrumbs
- 6 Tbsp. minced fresh or possibly dry basil
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh or possibly dry parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. minced fresh or possibly dry rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp grnd black pepper Lemon wedges Using meat mallet, lb. chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap to
- 1/2 x to 3/4 inch thickness. Arrange chicken in 15 x 10 x 2 inch glass baking dish. Pour lemon juice over cover and chill 1 hour. Remove chicken from dish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heat margarine with oil in small saucepan over medium heat; cold slightly. Mix bread crumbs, basil, parsley, rosemary, salt and pepper in pie dish. Brush chicken breasts on both sides with breadcrumb mix.
- Place chicken on baking sheet. Bake till chicken is cooked through and breadcrumbs are golden brown, about 20 min. Transfer to plates. Serve, passing lemon wedges alongside.
- Chef Herschel prepares hundreds of meals a day at Aish HaTorah's World Center in Jerusalem. He caters the five star meals for the Jerusalem Fund missions as well as the daily food for the Yeshiva students.
Leave a review or comment