I made your pot pie last night and I like it will make again thanks
Baked Chicken Pot Pie RecipePrep: 25 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 6by Pamela Orbin23 recipes>
Learn how to cook a beautiful chicken pot pie.
- 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 unbaked pie crusts 1 cup of carrots, sliced
- 1 cup of green peas, frozen
- 3/4 cup of celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup of margarine
- 1/3 cup of onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of celery seed
- Salt and pepper
- In order to begin on this chicken pot pie recipe, first you will need to preheat the oven to 420Â°F.
- Next, combine the chicken, peas, carrots, and celery in a saucepan. Cover this with water and allow it to boil for fifteen minutes. Then remove it from the heat. You will want to drain this and then set it aside.
- Cook the onions in butter in a saucepan on medium heat until they become translucent. Add in the flour, celery seed, salt, and pepper. The stir the milk and chicken broth slowly into the mixture and simmer until it thickens over medium heat. Remove this from the heat and then set aside.
- Put the chicken into the bottom pie crust and pour the liquid mixture on top of it. Cover this with the other crust, seal the edges, and then cut away the excess dough. I normally make a few slits in the top so that the steam can escape.
- Bake this in the oven for 35 minutes. I simply check when the pastry has turned golden and the filling has become bubbly. I then turn off the heat and allow the pie to cool for about ten minutes before I serve it.
Leave a review or comment