Chicken Pot PiePrep: 25 min Cook: 55 min Servings: 8by Carolinaheartstrings301 recipes>
Chicken pot pie is the ultimate comfort food to me. Creamy, doughy, chicken goodness all in one neat little pile on my plate. This month Alessa and I are doing crock pot and casserole dishes and since I have never made on of these before (sad but true) I thought it was about time to give one a try. This recipe is very easy and you can use whatever vegetables your family likes. I tweaked Paula Deen’s recipe for chicken pot pie and made it lower in calories and fat (sorry Paula, no butter in this one). It is delicious!
- 3 cups chicken breasts, boiled and cut into chunks or
- shredded (this is approximately 3 chicken breasts)
- 1 can (10.5 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups mixed frozen vegetables
- 2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Place your chicken chunks in the bottom of the pan. Empty the package of frozen vegetables over the chicken, spreading evenly. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the chicken and vegetables. Mix together the cream of chicken soup and the chicken broth (if you want a juicy consistency to the pie, add 1/2 cup more of the chicken broth). Pour over the chicken/vegetable layer. In a bowl mix the Bisquick and the milk until you have a smooth consistency. Pour or ladle over the soup layer. Smooth with a spatula to even out this layer. Bake in a 350 degree oven uncovered for 50-55 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings
Leave a review or comment