Baked Apple Cider DoughnutsServings: 16by To Catch A Cook11 recipes>
This is by far the BEST baked doughnut recipe I’ve tried yet. I combined a few recipes I found online and used the technique I usually use for cinnamon-sugar popovers for the topping. Good news – these are amazing fresh out of the oven but also keep well for a few days! I use a Wilton Standard Doughnut pan. Try this recipe for a weekend morning treat!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1 cup sugar mixed with 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3-4 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400Â°F and spray doughnut pans with nonfat PAM.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In another large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient mixture and whisk until just blended. Don't over-mix!
- Place the batter into each doughnut mold until about 3/4 full. Bake for approximately 12 minutes and cool 3 minutes on wire rack. Brush doughnuts on both sides with melted butter and coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Enjoy!
Leave a review or comment