Bacon Rose QuichePrep: 15 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 6by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
This Bacon Rose Quiche is so rich and creamy; it will melt in your mouth. It’s the best quiche recipe I have ever tried! Bacon slices made into cute roses for the top make this dish perfect for company.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish frozen pie crust
- 10 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (save a couple green pieces to decorate top, if desired)
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and butter. Stir in the mushrooms and onions. Season with salt and pepper and stir occasionally for 8 minutes until slightly brown and tender.
- Sprinkle mushroom/onion mixture, bacon, cheeses and green onion into the pastry-lined pie pan.
- Whisk eggs slightly, and beat in remaining ingredients (except Bacon Roses).
- Carefully pour egg mixture into pie pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 450°F.
- Then, reduce oven temperature to 300°F and bake an additional 30 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil if the top is getting too brown.
- Quiche is done when knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let quiche rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Leave a review or comment