Ayam Goreng Berempah (Spicy Fried Chicken)Prep: 2 hours Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Fried to perfection; soft tender meat within the crispy crunchy outer layer.
- 1/2 chicken - cut into bite sizes
- 1 lemongrass
- 2 inch galangal
- 1 inch fresh turmeric
- 5 shallots
- 1-2 tbsp plain chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed
- Blend or ground lemongrass, galangal, turmeric and shallots to a thick paste.
- Add chili powder and salt for taste.
- Mix and marinate chicken pieces with spice paste.
- Add into a pot with 1 cup of water.
- Simmer over low heat and cook until water evaporates and/or till chicken pieces are nicely coated in the paste.
- Remove and keep aside, if possible for 2-3 hours.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces.
- Scoop the remaining flaky herbs/spices from the wok and add on top of the fried chicken pieces.
- Serve with calamansi lime.
Leave a review or comment