Assam Curry FishPrep: 45 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Fish for protein, brinjal for fiber and up-heavenly Asian herbs especially for the finishing with bunga kantan and daun kesum.
- 1 medium size siakap (seabass) - clean, gut and cut into smaller pieces
- 4 small chinese brinjals (cut lengthwise into two)
- To ground/blend
- 10 dried red chillies
- 1 medium sized onion
- 5 pips garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 inch turmeric (kunyit)
- 1 inch lengkuas (galangal)
- 1 stalk serai (lemongrass)
- 1 bunch of daun kesum (water pepper leaves) - rinsed with water
- 1 stick of bunga kantan (torch ginger bud) - sliced thinly
- 2 pieces of assam keping (dried tamarind)
- 1 tsp crushed gula melaka/palm sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- Salt to taste
- In heated oil, fry grounded ingredients over low heat till aromatic and oil splits.
- Pour 1 litre water, add brinjals, assam pieces, salt and sugar.
- Simmer till heated through.
- Add fish, gently stir and continue to simmer.
- When fish is cooked, stir in bunga kantan and daun kesum.
- After one minute or so, remove from heat.
Leave a review or comment