Apple Pie Like Your Grandmother Used To Make
- 2 x Pie Crust -- (2 crust pie)
- 2 Tbsp. Equal Measure -- or possibly 20 pkts Equal
- 1/4 c. Flour
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 dsh Salt
- 6 c. Granny Smith Apples - pared and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Margarine
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a mixing bowl combine Equal MeasureT, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Add in dry mix to apples; toss gently to coat fruit. Fill a pastry-line 9 inch pie plate with apple mix; dot with margarine. Cover with top crust which has slits cut in it; seal and flute edge.
- Bake 15 min at 425 degrees F; reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 30 min.
Leave a review or comment