Aloo Matar (Potato And Pea Curry)Prep: 20 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 6by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Creamy, spicy and aromatic and with soft tender potatoes and green peas.
- 3 medium size potatoes - remove skin and cut into chunks.
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 5 shallots - remove skin
- 5 garlic - remove skin
- 1 tsp plain chilli powder
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 1/2 tbsp yoghurt - lightly beaten
- Salt for taste
- For tempering
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 to 5 dried red chillies - cut/snip into pieces
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Simmer potatoes with shallots, garlic, turmeric powder, chilli powder and enough water.
- When potatoes becomes soft and mushy, add green peas and season with salt.
- Stir and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and gently combine in yoghurt.
- In another pan/wok, quickly fry the tempering ingredients.
- Tip into curry and stir.
Leave a review or comment