Almond Chicken Wings With Plum Orange Sauce
- 2 1/2 lb Chicken wings separated
- 3/4 c. Flour
- 1 x Egg slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. Lowfat milk
- 3/4 c. Almonds grnd
- 1 c. White bread crumbs
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Orange rind grated
- 1 x Oil for deep frying
- 2/3 c. Plum sauce
- 1/4 c. Orange sauce
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- The grated orange rind gives these wings a citrus flavour zing. Toss wings in flour. Shake off excess flour. In a bowl combine egg and lowfat milk. Set aside. In a bowl combine almonds bread crumbs salt and orange rind. Set aside.
- Dip chicken into egg mix then in almond mix chill coated chickern for 1/2 hour.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine plum sauce, orange juice and cornstarch. Cook over high heat for one minute till sauce thickens and boils. Set aside.
- Heat oil in frypan or possibly wok to 375F. Deep fry chicken for 10 to 15 min or possibly till golden. Drain on paper towel. Serve with Plum Orange Sauce.
Leave a review or comment