8 Ways To Decrease App Development CostsPrep: 06 min Cook: 05 min Servings: 1by john doe7 recipes>
A study by IBM has suggested that 50% of the companies do not consider the safety aspect of mobile app development, making ransom ware one of the most common cyber-attacks experienced by small and medium scale businesses. There has been no review of the application code making it all the more vulnerable and leaving the data of approximately 1000 million users vulnerable.
- Apps are made at lightning speed to cater to the needs of the company, and yet they do not consider app security as a part of the budget. Below listed are the best methods to help protect your application from malware:
- Securing the Server
- the attempt that hackers make is to enter into the server and attack the API. It is extremely important to secure the server and API. This would control attacks from the exterior cyber world. Having a new web application firewall is an added advantage. One could also code reviews which will help the application to be more secure.
- Data Encryption
- the idea of mobile app security is to protect the stored data on the mobile device. This would include the source code and of course the data exchanged from the application. Having a high level data encryption could help to protect the mobile data from hackers.
- Code Obfuscation
- making the source code unintelligible for both humans and decompiler makes it a great security measure. This creates an impenetrable code that is difficult for anyone to hack in. all reverse engineering efforts can be thwarted with this technique.
- High Level User Authentication
- secure and integrated gateways are an excellent strategy to provide security. Setting up authorization is also a great way to take this ahead.
- Protection of Transit Data
- having proactive defences like jailbreak defences, devices declared non complaint, and more. If there is a case of theft or device loss, one can simply delete the app so that it is not misused.
- Regular Updating and Testing the App
- there is a trick that hackers follow – they look for vulnerabilities and they exploit that in an app. One needs to keep their software up to date and reducing the chances of penetration.
- Code Tamper Detection
- tamper techniques like antivirus, signature verification mechanisms, and activity logs can help you stay protected from the cyber jungle threats.
- Client Side Data Storage
- when device gets stolen, the data automatically gets exposed. Sensitive data thus always must be stored in the server to prevent any kind of data theft.
- Security and Confidentiality
- using a security key of 128 bits is recommended. This greatly helps to secure the data from breaches.
- Least Privilege
- when one limits the application data that offers great system security and stability. It naturally protects the data from faults and malicious behaviour. Doing this can change some of the application functions, but nevertheless protects the data from cyber threats.
- Security breaches come from negligence, that can be easily avoided. Some of the recommendations that one can follow are:
- Use the standards of OWASP.
- Put up a mobile security management approach
- Plan and monitor the firewall and the antivirus that protects the device
- Train your Android developers to make full proof applications.
- A study by IBM has suggested that 50% of the companies do not consider the safety aspect of mobile app development, making ransom ware one of the most common cyber-attacks experienced by small and medium scale businesses. There has been no review of the application code making it all the more vulnerable and leaving the data of approximately 1000 million users vulnerable.
Leave a review or comment