Dark mode buzz and what can you do with it in your app - Pocket AppsServings: 1by pkt apps12 recipes>
Recently we have seen the release of the iOS 13 and it comes with Dark mode. And everyone is jumping in to update their iPhone. Many of them are posting the screenshots of iOS 13 updates inside their stories which clearly indicated there is more buzz around dark mode amongst the people. The dark mode is also being introduced in the android devices gradually. And let’s accept the fact that people are obsessed with dark modes.
- Well, imagine how happy you would be if you see your favorite toy or your favorite vehicle received as a gift without mentioning it to your loved one!! Yeah, that’s the best feeling for anyone to have. You could give the same feeling to your app users by bringing in the dark mode inside your app.
- Recently one of the popular Indian startup app for credit card payment called “CRED” introduce this feature and people were really amazed to see that in action, which resulted in higher session times of the users, meaning people were using app for more time which is really good for you as an app owner, more time the user uses your app more benefit it brings to you.
- So the question buggin you would be, how do I bring a dark mode to my app? Well, there are multiple ways to do that:
- 1. Detect the default settings from iPhone Or Android and adopt your app accordingly
- Imagine you were using the dark mode in your iPhone and then you see an app update, once you update your app and open the app you see it has adopted to the dark mode automatically, how cool is that? These automation things are in trend. So why not adopt it?
- Here is the apple document for adopting the dark mode inside your app: You might want to bookmark this link or want to give this to your mobile development team.
- For Android: This is the official document from the Google: let me share some really detailed example which is being written in a medium post here:
- 2. Add toggle button into the settings screen
- If you want to give the user a choice to do it themselves assuming you want to keep the feature as a hidden feature for people to find it and create a buzz that way, it would be very much possible to supply this as part of the app settings menu.
- You could have a toggle button with really cool animation turning your app into the dark mode. That would be really awesome.
- I hope to see the dark mode implemented soon enough inside your app, if you are facing any issues or need any professional help for the matter you could feel free to reach App Developers in Brisbane, Pocket Apps.
Leave a review or comment