Zucchini PaancakesPrep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 1by B Innes83 recipes>
Zucchini pancakes make a great side dish and also a quite filling main course for dinner or brunch. It's also a great way to use up extra zucchini, and at the same time make a "meatless" meal that will please everyone. As with many recipes, feel free to make it your own by adding herbs or spices that you think will go well with the zucchini.
- 4-5 grated zucchini= approx 2 cups
- 5-6 scallions white and light green parts thinly sliced
- ¼ cup grated cheese (your choice= Parmesan, Swiss etc.)
- 2 tsps each salt and pepper
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- ½ cup all purpose flour + more if necessary
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable oil for frying, approx ¼ cup
- This recipe will make about 8-10 pancakes.
- Grated the zucchini and pat excess moisture off on paper towels.
- In a large frying pan place a thin layer of oil and bring up to a medium heat.
- Combine the zucchini, scallions, cheese, salt and pepper, baking powder, flour and eggs in a bowl and stir to combine thoroughly until you have a moist not wet batter. If the mixture seems too wet and more flour a tablespoon at a time until the mixture is correct (you will know it's correct when there is no actual liquid forming at the base of the mixture).
- Carefully spoon the batter into the heated pan forming pancakes approximately 3-4 inches in diameter. Cook cook until the bottoms are golden brown and then carefully flip and cook until done.
- Drain the cooked pancakes on a paper towel for a minute and if necessary place cooked pancakes on a heated platter in a warm oven to hold while you continue to make more pancakes.
- Serve with sour cream or crème fraîche, apple sauce or soft cheese like ricotta.
Leave a review or comment