Zubriac (Spinach, Pasta, Cheese Casserole)Prep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 12by Kelly Christensen59 recipes>
This is what my mom made for me for my birthday dinner when I was a kid (and still does even though I am in my 50's) when I visit her in CA. One of my FAVORITES!!
- 1 box lasagne noodles, cooked (8 oz)
- 2 packages frozen spinach (10 oz) cooked and drained
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 pounds cottage cheese (small curd)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick)
- salt and pepper
- garlic salt
- Mix cottage cheese, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper and butter together. Add a little garlic salt to spinach. Grease a 9 x 13 in. casserole pan. Place a layer of noodles, then a layer of cottage cheese, then a layer of Jack cheese and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Then apply a layer of spinach. Repeat. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Optional: Spinach lovers sometimes add 2 more packages of spinach.
- This recipe can be made ahead of time and frozen - you will just need to cook an extra hour if placed in the oven partially frozen.
Leave a review or comment