Yorkie Beef PuddingPrep: 20 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Micheline120 recipes>
This easy to prepare English style inspired yorkshire pudding dish is elegant enough to serve when you have guests as well as for a weeknight dinner.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsps butter
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup leftover cooked vegetables or frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- SautÃ© onion in 1 tbsp of butter in a small skillet until tender.
- Add beef and cook until brown, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add vegetables.
- Combine gravy and water in a 2-cup measure. Stir 1/4 cup of gravy mixture into meat-vegetable mixture. Blend well. Add salt and pepper.
- Set oven to (hot) 425 degrees F.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsps butter in a 10-inch quiche dish or pie place in oven while it heats (to heat up the butter and quiche dish or pie plate).
- In the meantime, beat eggs in medium-sized bowl. Add milk, beat until well blended. Add flour and salt, beat until smooth. Pour into quiche dish or pie plate. Spread meat-vegetable filling evenly over the batter to within 1 inch of edge.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until brown and puffy. Heat remaining gravy to serve with the pudding.
- NOTE: The yorkie beef pudding will look like a puffed up dough ring around the edge of the dish or plate and the beef-vegetable mixture will be positioned in the centre of the pudding. Serve with mashed potatoes or a salad.
Leave a review or comment