West African pepper saucePrep: 5 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 10by Easy Cook - Laka kuharica488 recipes>
Deliciously hot, this versatile West African sauce can be used as a condiment, dip, or appetizer. Easy recommendation: in order for pepper sauce to last a long time (up to a month) make sure it is fully covered in oil.
- 3 - 4 hot peppers, cleaned and cut into small pieces or 60 g pickled jalapeno slices, drained and washed
- 1 tomato, cut into small pieces
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 - 2 cm ginger root, peeled
- 1/2 tbs cayenne pepper powder
- 2 tsp Maggi liquid seasoning
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of olive oil, or more, if necessary
Directions1.Place the peppers or jalapeno slices, tomato, onions, garlic, ginger, cayenne pepper, and Maggi in the food processor and blend until well combined and smooth (more or less - it depends on your preferences).2.Transfer the pepper mixture into a small sauce pan, bring to a boil and slowly simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with a pinch of sea salt.
Leave a review or comment