Weight Watchers Marinara Sauce
Servings: 24 Serving Size: 1/2 cup Nutritional Info: 50 calories, 1.8 g of fat, 7.9 g carbohydrates, 2.2 g dietary fiber, 1.2 g of protein
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 7 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 3 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes ( I prefer San Marzano)
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring so they donât burn.
- Add the sugar, garlic, salt, oregano, basil, thyme, pepper, fennel seeds, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook for about 1 minute and stir the entire time to prevent burning.
- Add the vinegar and cook for 30 seconds, scraping up anything that has stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in the tomatoes and broth.
- Bring to a simmer and then cover and cook for one hour.
Leave a review or comment