Veggie Pot PiePrep: 30 min Cook: 55 min Servings: 8by peace13 recipes>
Modified from pillsbury.com "Veggie Lovers' Pot Pie" (https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/veggie-lovers-pot-pie/77a6b30c-f446-43b7-8a76-cb8e3cd4ca51). Great recipe to use up leftover fresh vegetables before they go bad, as well as clear out your freezer of frozen vegetables. Easy to add or remove vegetables you like and dislike. Easy to change vegetables for whatever is in season. I made 2 mini pies instead of 1 Lg pie to accommodate the different vegetable preferences of my family. (i.e. I don't care for mushrooms, so I left them out of my pie.)
- 3 T Butter
- 1/2 Lg Russet Potato, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 Lg Sweet Potato, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 Lg Onion, chopped
- 2 Green Onions
- 5 Fresh Carrots, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 c Mushrooms (any variety or mix, as many or as few as you wish), chopped
- 1 T Fresh Thyme, chopped (1 t dried)
- 1/2 t Pepper
- 1/4 c All-Purpose Flower
- Frozen Vegetables (1 bag of whatever you have in the freezer), thawed
- 1/4 c Milk
- 1/4 c Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Roll "Pillsbury Garlic Butter Refrigerated Flaky Crescent Rolls"
- Heat oven to 375*F
- Spray/Grease a 9- or 10-inch glass deep dish pie plate
- In a nonstick skillet, melt butter over md-high heat
- Add potatoes, onion, carrot, thyme, and pepper.
- Cook and stir 10-12 min, until potatoes are lightly browned
- Sprinkle flour over potato mix and cook, stirring, 1 min
- Stir in broth and heat to a boil
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 8 min, stirring occasionally (until potatoes are almost tender)
- Remove from heat and stir in thawed vegetables, milk, and cheese
- Spoon mix into pie pan
- Separate Crescent triangles, slightly roll from short side, place crescent rolls onto mix with tips in center. DO NOT OVERLAP.
- Place pie plate onto cookie sheet with a rim.
- Bake 20-25 min, or until crust is golden brown.
Leave a review or comment