Vegetarian Pinto BeansServings: 10by Wendi Taylor51 recipes>
A family crock-pot favorite. Simple, easy, and delicious.
- 1 lb dried pinto beans
- 1 onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 tomato
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Rinse and sort dried beans, place in a bowl and cover with water, and let soak in the refrigerator overnight.
- Drain the beans, place in crockpot.
- Finely chop all vegetable ingredients and place in crockpot.
- Add dry seasoning ingredients.
- Add water to cover beans by several inches.
- Place lid on crock pot and cook on high for 2 - 3 hours or until beans or tender; alternately cook on low for 5 - 8 hours or until beans are tender.
Leave a review or comment