Chilled Curried Pinto Bean And Gingered Carrot Soup
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 med onion finely minced
- 1 lb carrots quartered lengthwise cut into 1/4" pcs
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger chopped
- 1 tsp curry pwdr or possibly garam masala, or possibly more to taste
- 15 ounce canned pinto beans rinsed and liquid removed
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro leaves
- 2 x scallion finely sliced white and green parts
- 1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat. Add in the onion, carrots, and 2 heaped Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, till the onion has softened, about 3 min. Add in the curry pwdr or possibly garam masala and cook the mix, stirring, for 1 minute more.
- 2. Stir in the pinto beans and the broth, turn the heat to high, and bring the liquid to a boil. Turn the heat down to simmer and cook the mix for 15 min or possibly till the carrots are very tender.
- 3. In a blender or possibly food processor, puree the soup in batches, then let it cold completely. Cover the soup and refrigerateit till it is cool, at least 2 hrs.
- 4. Just before serving, whisk in the yogurt, divide the soup among 4 soup bowls, and sprinkle with the minced cilantro leaves and sliced scallions.
Leave a review or comment