Vegan Simple Pea Soup
This simple pea soup is excellent cooked as well as raw! This can be used as a base for so many more vegetables too! Use your imagination and try shredding some potatoes, celery, corn, etc. I like to add seitan. Let me know how yours comes out. I"ve only made this using my Vita-mix but I'm sure a regular blender will work too, just take a bit longer. When you are ready to purchase your own Vita-mix you can use code 06-003085 for free shipping. So simple, easy and quick. Totally vegan
- 2 lb peas, frozen is perfect for this recipe
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 8 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp fresh ground salt (optional)
- 1-2 stalks diced celery (optional)
- 1-2 shredded potatoes (optional)
- 1 diced onion (optional)
- 1-2 shredded carrots (optional)
- Blend peas, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and water till extra smooth.
- Pour into soup pan or bowl and add additional ingredients. If you are eating this raw it is now ready.
- Cook to desired tenderness and serve.
Leave a review or comment