Vegan Carrot NoodlesPrep: 10 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 4by Jennifer2 recipes>
I love this dish, it really fixed my craving for a warm comforting bowl of pasta. You could also make it with curry. The possibilities are endless. It's also delicious served cold.
- 6 med carrots, peeled into long ribbons
- (just like when you peel the skin off- just keep peeling until the carrot is too small to peel into long "noodles")
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (1 in) piece of peeled minced ginger (or 1 tsp minced ginger from a tube in the veggie section at your grocery store, or powdered ginger to taste)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Tahini or peanut butter
- 1 can of rinsed & drained white beans or garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- In a large skillet combine water, spices, sesame seeds & syrup.
- Bring to a boil over med heat.
- Reduce heat and add carrots
- Cook for 5 min.
- Add beans
- Cook for a few minutes until heated through or until the carrot firmness is to your liking.
- Add Tahini
- Adjust seasoning to your taste
- Just before serving you can throw in a handful of raisins, chopped dates, coconut, cilantro, green onion, sunflower seeds, whatever.
- I cook mine until noodles are pretty soft and the beans and sauce get thick and a little bit sticky.
Leave a review or comment