V8- MEATLOAF & GLAZEPrep: 20 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 8by Kitchenkats2 recipes>
Delicious Meatloaf using V8 vegetable juice and old fashion rolled oats Great with Meat Loaf Glaze (see recipe) MEATLOAF GLAZE: 3 tbsp. brown sugar 1/4 c. catsup 1/4 tsp. nutmeg 1 tsp. dry mustard Combine glaze ingredients and spoon over meatloaf. Bake additional 20 minutes
- 2 eggs extra-large
- ¾ cup vegetable juice (V8)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ¾ a bell pepper finely chopped
- Several fresh mushrooms, chopped (optional) (I omit them)
- 1 Cup old –fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ pound ground sausage (pork) unseasoned
- Mix the beaten eggs with the vegetable juice.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and mushrooms if using.
- Add the oats, basil, dill, seasoned salt, and Worcestershire sauce and stir well.
- Break up the ground sausage and then the beef into mixture.
- Mix well with wooden spoon (or hands).
- Put into a large loaf pan and bake in a 375° oven for 1 hour. (Adding glaze the last 20mins of cooking- see summary above)
Leave a review or comment