Updated Retro Asian Inspired Shrimp Salad with Soy Citrus Dressing
This retro salad has been made new again with some Edamame beans and Udon noodles. It's a perfectly refreshing salad for any warm day.
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c. sliced green onion
- 5 oz water chestnuts
- 1/2 c. dry roasted peanuts
- 1 c. of edamame beans, cooked and shelled
- 15 oz can of mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 c. carrots, string cut
- 1 lb. of medium cooked shrimp
- 1/2 c. of olive oil
- 2 T. lime juice
- 2 T. orange juice
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 1 t. ginger, freshly grated
- 2 t. agave nectar
- 1 T. rice vinegar
- Chop the Romaine into large bite-sized pieces. Chop and slice the green onions. Toss all in a large bowl. Drain the water chestnuts and mandarin oranges and add to the bowl. Add the shelled edamame beans, peanuts, carrots and shrimp and toss.
- For the dressing, whisk together the olive oil through the agave and serve on the side.
Leave a review or comment