Asian Salad with Thai citrus dressingPrep: 30 min Servings: 4by Meera Nalavadi21 recipes>
Easy, no cook salad with crisp fresh veggies and a sweet, tangy spicy almost fat free salad dressing.
- 3 cups mung bean sprouts, rinsed with cold water and drained
- 4 oz pea shoots
- handful of sugar snap peas ends top and tailed
- 1/2 each yellow, red pepper sliced thinly
- juice from 2 limes, should yield about 1/4 cup of juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- 1-2 chopped hot chillies or 1 tsp Sirachi sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced finely
- 1 inch piece ginger minced finely
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce or soy sauce
- handful of roasted peanuts (optional)
- salt, please taste the dressing before adding. Fish sauce or soy sauce is very salty naturally
- 1.In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients for dressing except peanuts.
- 2.Whisk till well blended.
- 3.Add the vegetables and toss well. Serve right away topped with chopped roasted peanuts.
- 4.* The acid from the citrus and salt from soy or fish sauce cooks the veggies and wilts them. So its important to serve as soon as you assemble the salad.
Leave a review or comment