Twin Prawn LinguinePrep: 20 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 3by Blackswan82 recipes>
One of the enjoyments for prawn lovers is to suck the juices & roes out from the heads. But for those who dislike eating prawn heads, most would discard after extracting their fragrant “juices” during the cooking process. One of my family’s favourite pasta is the Spaghetti Aglio Olio, often cooked with ham, bacon & mushrooms. I’ve chosen to use Linguine this time & with seafood. I got this Twin Prawn Linguine inspiration years ago from the Japanese Tempura & Teppanyaki. The prawn heads are lighted coated in tempura batter & deep-fried till crispy in an authentic Tempura cuisine, while the heads are smashed flat & put on the grill till crispy in the Teppanyaki dish. I love eating prawn heads using these 2 methods & so instead of throwing away the heads, I’d dipped them into flour & deep-fry till crispy. I’ve been receiving pretty good comments for this dish.
- 12 Medium to Big prawns
- 1 Medium Squid
- 350g Linguine
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- ¼ cup White wine
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- Grounded black pepper to taste
- Prawn Heads:
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Drain & add a tsp of olive oil or butter to prevent it from sticking together.
- Separate prawn heads from bodies. Remove shells & devein prawns. Using a pair of scissors, cut away the âlegsâ & any sharp edges from the head. Rinse prawns. Dispose the top part of shell & & dry the heads well. Marinade heads with salt & pepper.
- Clean the insides of the squid & remove the skin. Open up the squid & use a knife to make a criss-cross on the back of the squid to form a pattern. Cut into equal slices.
- Mix flour with pepper & salt & coat prawn heads. Heat oil & deep-fry till golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat oil & add butter. Put in garlic, then the seafood. Add wine. When seafoodâs half-cooked, stir in pasta & mix well. Divide pasta into 3 plates, add crispy prawn heads & serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment