Tuyo (Dried Fish)Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
This is a typical Filipino viand, It is known to be food for the poor. However, I like eating them every now and then. It is a sun dried salty fish that tastes better when dipped in a spicy vinegar called sinamak.
- 1 kilo Tunsoy Fish (small)
- 1 kilo rock salt
- 1 gallon fresh water
- Clean up the fresh fish with fresh water and drain for 20 minutes.
- All fishes are gutted, salted liberally and brined for 3 hours.
- Brine solution : mix 1gallon of water with 1kilo of salt.
- Wash off the excess salt and line them up in a wire screen mesh to sun dry and air dry for two to three days.
- Turn the fish over every hour or two for even drying.
- Once all dried, we keep them in an air tight storage to keep the salty-smell lingering in the house
- To COOK:
- Heat a shallow pan and add canola oil.
- Once hot, put the tuyo fish and fry until desired crispness.
- 2 minutes on each side will give the right crisp.
- Serve with fried rice with garlic and sinamak for dip.
- *I usually like to dip in cane vinegar with crushed garlic and chili.
Leave a review or comment