TURKEY STROGANOFFPrep: 20 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Cheryl Norman6 recipes>
A skillet meal that's easier than those box helpers, with fewer additives, too. This one's from RECIPES FOR RECOVERY ©2011 Cheryl Norman.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 6 oz. frozen chopped onions
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (look for reduced sodium variety)
- 1 soup can water or broth
- 1 8 oz. can mushrooms, rinsed and drained
- 3 oz. dried whole wheat pasta
- 1 cup regular or reduced fat (Not fat free!) sour cream
- Spray inside of a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Combine turkey meat and onions, add to skillet, and brown over medium heat.
- Stir in all other ingredients except pasta and sour cream.
- Stir in the pasta, cover, and simmer for ten minutes or until pasta is cooked al dente (cooking time varies, depending on the size and shape of the pasta).
- Remove skillet from heat and uncover, cooling for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and serve.
Leave a review or comment