Harvest Fruit Turkey Roulade
- 3 lb turkey half-breast, boneless
- 1 lb turkey thigh, boneless
- 1 Tbsp. butter or possibly oil
- 1/4 c. onion, minced fine
- 8 ounce Sunblest Orchard dry harvest fruit blend, minced. Or possibly dry apricots, prunes and pears
- 1 c. stock, turkey or possibly chicken
- 1 c. dry bread cubes or possibly plain croutons, slightly crushed
- 1/2 c. white wine
- 1 x egg white Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop thigh meat into very small pcs. Saute/fry with 1 Tbsp. butter or possibly oil. Add in onion, turkey stock and wine. Remove from heat. Cold slightly. Add in crushed croutons, dry fruit and egg white. Mix until just blended. Set aside.
- Open turkey breast as you would butterfly a steak. It may need three horizontal cuts. Keep it whole. Lb. with meat mallet or possibly back of heavy spoon until it is about 1/4 inch thick, keeping it as square as possible. Place filling 2 inches from rolling end and 1 inch from finish. Roll up tight. Bake at 350 degrees until internal temperature is 160 degrees. Cold slightly. Slice as you like. Serve with turkey gravy or possibly wine reduction sauce.
Leave a review or comment