Tomato SouffléPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Swapna363 recipes>
- Fresh Bread crumbs – 1/2 cup, firmly packed
- Butter – 45 gm (I only used 1 tbsp)
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Plain flour (maida) – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Tomato paste – 3 tbsp (I used 1 medium tomato pureed)
- Basil – 1 tbsp, finely chopped (I didn't have fresh basil, so I added 1tsp dry basil)
- Eggs – 3, separated (I used 2 eggs & white of 3 eggs)
- Grated Cheese – a handful ( I used mozzarella)
- Extra hot chilly sauce-1tsp
- Corriander Leaves-1 tbsp
- Pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Sugar-1/2 tsp
- Grease 4 souffle dishes (1/2 cup capacity), sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Melt butter in small saucepan, add finely chopped onion. Stir over low heat for 2 mins ( or MW on HIGH for about 2 mins).
- Cook until onion is soft, it doesnât have to become brown.
- Stir in flour and stir over medium heat for a minute. (or MW on HIGH for a min).
- Remove from heat, gradually stir in milk, bring back to heat and stir over high heat until mixture boils & thickens & reaches a thick sauce like consistency. (or MW on HIGH for about 3 mins).
- Transfer to large bowl, stir in tomato paste & basil leaves, corriander leaves, pepper powder, hot cholly sauce and sugar.
- Cover the dish & let it stand for 5 mins.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks from.
- Add egg yolks to the onion & milk mixture & mix well.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture in 2 batches.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared dishes.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20- 25 mins or until lightly browned.
Leave a review or comment