Tomato and Feta StrataServings: 4by Annie Witkamp14 recipes>
Bread, tomatoes, eggs and feta in a one skillet strata.
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp sage, chopped
- 1 tbsp tarragon, chopped
- ½ to 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 16 oz. canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 to 4 cups of bread (of your choice), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 oz. feta, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 450. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and yogurt together. In an oven-safe skillet, heat the oil and add the onion, garlic, sage, tarragon and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook over medium heat, until onion has softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and their juice, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the bread and feta. Pour the egg mixture on top and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool and serve.
Leave a review or comment