This Is It Spaghetti SaucePrep: 10 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 6by Gabriel Denison Chandler11 recipes>
Everybody who cooks has a great spaghetti sauce. This is mine, after years of perfection. It's lowfat, It's vegetarian, It's deep, rich, and amazingly tasty. This is it. Oh: choose your pasta well! Artichoke, whole wheat and Italian semolina go best...spinach? Not so much.
- Fresh Garlic or Garlic powder
- One large onion or dried onion bits
- Italian Seasoning
- Olive oil
- 1 yellow summer squash,grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 48-72 ounces of pasta sauce or tomato sauce
- Optional: Mushrooms and/or Olives
- In a iron skillet, over a medium heat, heat your olive oil, adding Italian seasoning, and garlic of whatever form you have.
- If using dried onions, add here.
- If using fresh chopped onions, let the spices sit in the heating oil for 5-7 minutes and then saute onions in heated oil until clear.
- Add grated Zucchini and Yellow Squash, saute 5 -7 minutes.
- If using mushrooms, ad here and saute another 2 minutes or so.
- Add tomato sauce, and cover while ingredients mix and simmer for 5-10 minutes
- Add olives if desired
- Drizzle approximately 4 Tablespoons of molasses into the sauce. This cuts the acid and gives it a deeper, sweeter flavor.
- Simmer for 10 min more
- (I recommend doubling it, as there probably will be little leftovers, if there is, this freezes well)
Leave a review or comment