Tex-Mex MeatloafPrep: 15 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 8by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Tex-Mex Meatloaf is an easy to assemble recipe for a spicy and healthy Mexican-Style meatloaf. It is loaded with antioxidents from the paprika, oregano and ground red pepper. This is also a low calories, low carbohydrates, low sodium, WeightWatchers (7) PointsPlus recipe. Lean ground beef, onions, bell peppers, corn, and salsa combined with paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper and sea salt make up this delicious meatloaf.
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp oregano leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 slices white bread, crumbled
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix paprika, cumin, oregano, sea salt and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl. Set aside. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add spice mixture; cook and stir 30 seconds. Cool slightly.
- Mix eggs, milk and bread crumbs together in a large bowl. Add in mixture from the skillet; mix until well blended. (Do not overmix.) Shape into a loaf on a foil-lined 13 x 9-inch baking pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 45 minutes. Spoon salsa over meat loaf. Bake 15 minutes longer or until cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Leave a review or comment