Tempting Chex MixPrep: 45 min Cook: 75 min Servings: 50by J. Gino Genovesi60 recipes>
Today, there are a variety of mixes on the market, including tastes of peppers and a variety of vegetables. The original recipe for Chex Mix was first found , in 1950 on the back of the Chex cereal box. Our Tempting Chex mix is made in the old fashion method, and was passed on by Kate Genovesi. I made some changes and yet it so tempting you just can not stop eating. Use margarine instead of butter Try it. This recipe is for a large quantity and can be cut in half.
- 1 lg. can of mixed nuts
- 4 C. wheat chex
- 4 C. rice chex
- 4 C. corn chex
- 4 C.Fritos
- 4 C. cheerios
- 4 C. pretzel sticks.
- 2 sticks margarine (butter) melted (1 cup)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 2 T. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 C. oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- 2. Mix all dry ingredients into a large roaster.
- 3. In a separate bowl, combine the garlic powder, seasoned salt,Worcestershire Sauce, 1/2 cup melted margarine, and 2 cups oil.
- 4. Pour liquids over the dry ingredients, toss well until all is evenly coated.
- 5. Bake in oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes; stirring every 15 minutes.
- 6. Melt the remaining oleo ( butter) and drizzle over the mix the last 15 minutes; stir deep to get to the bottom of mix.
- 7. Let cool and store in air tight containers.
Leave a review or comment