TANDOORI CHICKEN HOME MADEPrep: 20 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by shalini10 recipes>
Enjoy our "desi kukkad shukkad" with or without a green chutney... The green chutney...well that is on the agenda...another day... And if you have left overs make butter chicken.... http://baketitude.blogspot.com/2011/10/butter-chicken.html add all the brownie points you earn by feeding your husband nice stuff and ask him to buy you some diamonds!
- 1 Chicken approx 1 kg skinned and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tbsp hung curd
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Salt,Red Chili powder,Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Tandoori Chicken Masala...(Any brand will do...just has the colour and the garam masala)
- 1 tbsp Kasoori Methi(Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic and green chili paste.
- Make small cuts on the chicken pieces...to allow the marinade paste to permeate .
- In a large bowl mix the hung curd,cream,vinegar,ginger garlic chili paste and spices.
- Mix well and add the chicken.
- And now ,with your hands mix this well ,ensuring you coat the chicken well and try and stuff the insides with the marinade too.Cover and leave at least 4 hours.You do not need to refrigerate this if you will be cooking soon ,but here in India we tend to play it safe.
- Now get your BBQ or tandoor working....high heat...I used AL foil on the grill...because the pieces will stick to the grill.If you can...use a skewer and a tandoor...otherwise your oven will do....
- The heat is INTENSE.So you can only turn the pieces once........now we wait for it to cook.Take off the wings first...they cook the fastest.The rest will take maybe a minute or two more.
- You have to wait a few minutes ...for the meat to rest...
- Try this with your family and friends...The company and the food will be more than enough compensation for all your efforts....
Leave a review or comment